S Pass Application

Are you looking to make a career shift to Singapore or want to hire a foreign mid-level skilled staff? Then S Pass can be your answer to meet the visa requirements.

S Pass is a working visa designed for mid-skilled foreigners of all nationalities. Each company can employ a limited number of S Pass holders according to its industry’s Dependency Ratio Ceiling (DRC).

Eligible S Pass holders can apply for PR after few years.

Consult with our immigration professionals to check your quota.

Eligibility Criteria to Apply S Pass

The MOM assesses an S Pass application on a point-based system.

To be eligible for an S Pass, workers must meet the following essential criteria:

  • Holds a degree, diploma, or technical certificate with at least one year of full-time study
  • Relevant work experience
  • Earn a fixed monthly salary required by MOM
  • Foreign worker quota based on the industry which the company is based upon

S Pass Application Package

From $600

  •  Verify the candidate Eligibility and Experience
  •  Collate and Verify documents according to MOM  requirements
  •  Check quota availability to process the application
  •  Assist in Job Advertisement using Government Portal
  •  Online Filing of S Pass application via EPOL
  •  Tracking of S Pass application status 
  •  Issuing of Notification Letter and Physical Work Pass card collection on behalf of the client

Note : Excluding MOM fee

S Pass Quota & Levy Requirements

Basic / Tier 1 (Services)

  1. Sector Dependency Ratio (SDR):
    Up to 10% 
  2. Monthly Levy Rate:
  3. Daily Levy rate:

Tier 1 (Other sectors)

  1. Sector Dependency Ratio (SDR):
    Up to 10%
  2. Monthly Levy Rate:
  3. Daily Levy rate:

Tier 2 (Other sectors)

  1. Sector Dependency Ratio (SDR):
    Above 10% to 18%
  2. Monthly Levy Rate:
  3. Daily Levy rate:

Documents Required for S Pass Application:

Here are some of the documents needed for the S Pass application

  • Personal particulars page of the candidate’s passport.
  • If the candidate’s name on the passport differs from their other documents, you also need to upload an explanation letter and supporting documents (e.g. deed poll).
  • Candidate’s educational certificates (e.g. degree certificate). 
  • Company’s latest business profile or instant information registered with ACRA.

Note: all documents must be in English or with an English translation done by a certified translation body.

Steps To Apply for S Pass

  • null

    Step 1 - Consultation and Preparation of Documents

    Undergo a free consultation with our expert. We will advise and assist in preparing the S Pass application and ensure that all necessary supporting documents are included to minimise delays and maximise approval.

  • null

    Step 2 - Submission of Application

    After all the documents are prepared, we will then apply online and ensure that all details are fed in accurately. We will track your application and liaise with MOM if required.

  • null

    Step 3 - Receive the Outcome

    Upon approval, an in-principle approval (IPA) letter will be issued. It serves as a pre-approved single entry visa for the worker to enter Singapore.

  • null

    Step 4 - Medical Examination

    When the worker arrives in Singapore, they must complete a medical examination with any Singapore-registered doctor.  The employer must also purchase medical insurance for the worker.

  • null

    Step 5 - Issuance of Notification Letter

    A request for issuing the pass must then be made within 60 days after the candidate is in Singapore.

  • null

    Step 6 - Card Registration with MOM

    The candidate must register their fingerprints and complete photo-taking at the MOM Services Centre within two weeks. The S Pass card will be delivered within four working days.

Need help for S Pass Application? Consult with our specialists!

FAQs About Applying For S Pass

What if I change employers?

S Pass holders will need to get their prospective employer to apply for a new S Pass. There is no need to cancel the existing pass before doing so. Each application will be considered based on the merits of the case.

Can I sponsor a Dependent Pass for my family to stay in Singapore?

Yes, you can sponsor certain family members to join you in Singapore if you meet the eligibility requirements.

To be eligible, you need to:

  • Earn at least $6,000 a month.
  • Hold an S Pass

Why is my S Pass rejected?

Your S Pass might have been rejected due to many reasons; not meeting minimum salary, experience not relevant, sponsoring company not meeting quota requirements.

Can an S Pass holder apply to be a Singapore permanent resident (PR)?

Yes. If you hold an S Pass and wish to become a Singapore permanent resident, you can apply through the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA). The application will be assessed based on ICA’s PR criteria.

How long will the approval take?

Processing time usually takes around three weeks. However, some cases will take more time.

I don’t hold a degree certificate. Can I apply for an S Pass?

Yes,  MOM may consider technical certificates, such as courses for qualified technicians or specialists. However, the certification should require at least one year of full-time study.

Contact Us

Send us your enquiries about S Pass Application!